Friday, January 5, 2018

Winternship: Week One

Hello, everyone. Hope you had a nice winter break. 2018 should be an interesting one.

For the EEG project, we hope to tidy up some loose ends moving into data collection for the spring semester. The Discovery, pictured below,


Is the key to our research. We obtained this hardware on loan from our colleagues at Brainmaster and we are now waiting on some paperwork to go through so that we can enter a code that will allow us to begin learning how to administer qEEGs.

The other main aspect that should be solved before next Thursday is that of scheduling. I had some ideas about coding a series of forms and spreadsheets that would auto-populate and match subjects with administrators, but my skill set doesn't really allow for that sort of thing to pop up out of thin air. Maybe during the semester someone can make my vision a reality. Until then, I am petitioning our members to see when their availability for running ISF land and then compiling a form to send out to our subjects. As I'm writing this, I'm also contemplating what would be necessary to increase our subject base. (I'm going to have to head to the office of student life soon)
(There's Dorothy. Things are quiet in the winter.)

Other news involves the possibility of a second discovery unit and a more in-depth collaboration with Jackie who is mentioned many times in prior posts.

I want to be able to look back and say the following about the Winternship:
  • We now know how to do qEEGs
  • We have a structure for scheduling appointments in place


Hopefully, at the end of next week, I can show these results. Happy New Year!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment